It’s become a bit of a “new tradition” for couples to exchange small gifts before or after their wedding ceremony. These tokens are usually small and inexpensive but infused with meaning for the couple. Here are a few ideas for couple’s gifts:
- For her: a special piece of jewelry she can wear during the ceremony or add a charm to her charm bracelet (or give her a new one to start collecting for).
- For him: custom cufflinks or an embroidered handkerchief to put in his pocket during the ceremony.
- For him or her: a special book or a bottle of wine of the same vintage you shared on your first date.
When it comes to gifts for your wedding party or family, anything that expresses your appreciation for those you hold dear is always, well, appreciated! Here are a few gift ideas to thank the special people in your life for sharing in your momentous day:
- If your wedding party will be staying in Punts Gorda/Englewood Beach for a bit after the wedding, you can’t go wrong with a gift certificate for a sunset cruise, eco tour, or paddling adventure.
- Nature and wildlife lovers will appreciate a fun item from a wildlife-supporting gift shop like the one at Peace River Wildlife Center.
- Small tokens to remind your guests of your wedding might include an item from one of our unique boutique’s curated jewelry collections or a hand-crafted candle from the Peace River Botanical & Sculpture Gardens.
- A local art piece from the gift shop of the Visual Arts Center or from Sea Grape Gallery will keep the memory of your wedding in your guests’ hearts.
- Round out your gift bags with postcards or bookmarks from one of our independently-owned book stores, Copperfish Books or Sandman Books. Or, "open a tab" for your guests so they can buy a book or souvenir of their choice. Like an open book bar!
- If you have the time, your core group can have a ceramic-painting party to create their own mementos at Bisque IT Studio in Port Charlotte. Once painted, the pieces can be picked up three days later or shipped anywhere in the US.
- Even better, take a bit of time to explore the Destination yourself to find those personal mementos that show your people you appreciate them.