Charlotte County Hosts Family-friendly and Affordable Division I & III Baseball
WHO: 6th Annual Snowbird Baseball Classic
WHEN: Division I swings into action Feb. 14 with a double-header at the Charlotte Sports Park.
Division III play begins March 1
HOW: Admission prices: $7 per day, $35 for a weekly pass
WHERE: Charlotte High School (1250 Cooper Street, Punta Gorda)
North Charlotte Regional Park (1185 O'Donnell Blvd, Port Charlotte)
South County Regional Park (670 Cooper Street, Punta Gorda)
• Twenty-four Division I and 21 Division III colleges participating;
• A double-header is scheduled for the Charlotte Sports Park on Friday, Feb. 14. Admission is $7.
o 1 p.m. Auburn University vs. Indiana State University
o 5 p.m. University of Connecticut vs. Ohio State University
• Seating at North Charlotte Regional and South County Regional Parks is limited, personal lawn chairs are permitted;
• The 2013 tournament generated an estimated $5.1 million in direct expenditures as a result of 5,796 participants, spectators and members of the media staying within Charlotte County. The average length of stay per party was six nights. Twenty-three Division I and 17 Division III colleges competed.
• Complete tournament schedule can be viewed at www.snowbirdbaseball.com.
Note to Media: Interviews with participating universities can be arranged.
Snowbird Baseball Classic Contacts:
Steve Partington, Tournament Director, Direct: 614-306-5155, Office: 941-876-3226, firstname.lastname@example.org
Shannon Goldrick, Tournament Assistant, 614-205-2099 email@example.com
Maria at firstname.lastname@example.org
Charlotte Harbor Visitor & Convention Bureau Contact:
Jennifer Huber, Tourism Public Relations Manager