Affordable, Family-Friendly NCAA Division I & III Collegiate Baseball Tournament Returns to Charlotte County for 11th Year.
WHO: 11th Annual Snowbird Baseball Classic
WHEN: Feb. 15 – March 26, 2019
HOW: Admission price: $8 per day
WHERE: North Charlotte Regional Park (1185 O'Donnell Blvd, Port Charlotte)
South County Regional Park (670 Cooper Street, Punta Gorda)
Charlotte High School (1250 Cooper Street, Punta Gorda)
- Nineteen NCAA Division I and 25 Division III collegiate teams are participating, for a total of 44 teams.
- Friday, Feb. 15, Seaton Hall Pirates and The Ohio State Buckeyes play at the Charlotte Sports Park (2300 El Jobean Rd, Port Charlotte, Fla.) at 2 p.m. Additional games between the two schools are scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 16 & 17 at North Charlotte Regional Park.
- College of Wooster is the Division III number one preseason team and will compete against the number three school Swarthmore College on Monday, March 11 at 6 p.m. at North Charlotte Regional Park.
- Eyes will be on Division III schools Misericordia University because they played in the 2018 College World Series and Marietta College which has won more national championships than any other Division III team.
- Eight of the NCAA Division III teams participating in the Snowbird Baseball Classic are ranked in the top 20.
- Additional Division I teams competing include Ball State, University of Kansas, Georgetown, Florida International University, Harvard, St. Bonaventure University, Villanova University and Rutgers.
- Seating at North Charlotte Regional and South County Regional Parks is limited, personal lawn chairs are permitted.
- The 2018 tournament generated more than $5.5 million in direct expenditures.
- Complete tournament schedule and list of participating schools can be viewed at www.snowbirdbaseball.info
Note to Media: Interviews with participating universities can be arranged.
Images from previous Snowbird Baseball Classic games: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sanm4xadnihaqj5/AAD9vWnKgZjbFuym50fVFAMNa?dl=0