- 8:30–9:30 am: Yoga for Every Body on Englewood Beach, donations from $3-$10 gratefully accepted. Note: parking is .75 per hour. 941.474.5511 or englewoodchamber.com for details. 2100 N. Beach Rd., Englewood Beach
- 2:30 pm: Daily Pelican Feedings at the Peace River Wildlife Center Visit the "pelican yard," every afternoon, weather permitting, to learn about native Florida wildlife. Many wild pelicans and great blue herons stop by for lunch! $5 donation requested. No pets allowed. Call 941.637.3830 or visit peaceriverwildlifecenter.org for more information. Open seven days a week, 365 days a year, from 11:00 am–4:00 pm. 3400 Ponce de Leon Pkwy., Punta Gorda
- Mondays, 8:30 am: Join the Peace River Painters for plein air (“in the open air”) painting at a different, interesting location each week.Free and open to all artists! Visit peaceriverpainters.com or email email@example.com for details.
- Mondays and Wednesdays, 6:00–7:00 pm: Sunset Yoga Bring a blanket or sheet and plan to have fun! Note: parking is .75 per hour. 941.474.5511 or englewoodchamber.com for details. 2100 N. Beach Rd., Englewood Beach
- Tuesdays, 8:30–11:00 am: Peace River Weekly Paddle Group Bring sun screen, hat, and two bottles of water per person and expect to get wet! Kayak and equipment rental with loading and launching service: $20 per person; no charge if bringing own kayak. Online waiver required if renting; registration required for all. Visit kayakecotours.com to complete waiver and sign up; call 941.249.4579 with questions. Kayak Eco Tours, Nav-A-Gator Grill & Marina, 9700 S.W. Riverview Cir., Lake Suzy
- Wednesdays, 6:00 pm: Wednesday Night Pub Run, Walk or Stroll 3.0-ish Route is approximately 2.1 to 3.1 miles. All are welcome. Walkers/strollers start at 6:15 pm, runners at 6:30 pm. Call 941.347.7751 or visit thefootlanding.com for details. Wednesday evenings. Free registration and free parking in the parking garage above The Foot Landing, 117 Herald Ct., Ste. 1112, Punta Gorda
- Saturdays, 8:00 am: Saturday Morning Bike Ride Coffee at 8:00 am, roll at 8:30 am. Leisure, medium and fast are no-drop; unlimited is until you can’t hang on! 941.639.2263 or acmebicycleshop.com. 615 Cross St., #1116, Punta Gorda
- Saturdays, 9:30-10:30 am: Free Qi Gong/Tai Chi Workshop, rain or shine, at Gilchrist Park, by the statue of Ponce de Leon. 400 W. Retta Esplanade, Punta Gorda
- Sundays, 6:50 am: Sunday Morning Wake Up Run There is no set route or pace; go however long and at whatever pace you wish! Please arrive at the Gilchrist Park Pavilion by 6:50 am; begin running at 7:00 am. Visit thefootlanding.com for details. Gilchrist Park, 400 W. Retta Esplanade, Punta Gorda
- Sundays, an hour before sunset: Englewood Drum Circle Everyone is welcome to drum, hoola hoop, dance or just enjoy as the sun sets. You don’t have to know the rhythm to drum along! 941.445.1365 or DanceEnglewood@gmail.com for more information. Note: parking fee is .75 per hour. 2100 N. Beach Rd., Englewood Beach
- Charlotte Harbor Environmental Center (CHEC) Free guided and birding walks, wading trips, kids fishing clinics, and other nature experiences. Call 941.475.0769 or visit checflorida.org for schedule, volunteer opportunities, and directions.
- Lemon Bay Conservancy Walks, wading trips, and volunteer opportunities. Unless otherwise noted, outings are free and open to the public; venues charging entry fee will be designated. Call 941.830.8922 or visit lemonbayconservancy.org for details.
- Barrier Island Parks Society Periodically offers free programs and walks. Visit barrierislandparkssociety.org for schedule.
- Peace River Audubon Society offers outings, walks, photography trips and more! Visit peaceriveraudubon.org/ for schedule and details.
- Thursdays, 9:00 am–2:00 pm, Oct.–May: The Englewood Farmers Market. Visit englewoodfarmersmarket.org for more information and free healthy recipes. Old Englewood Village, 300 Block of West Dearborn St., Englewood
- Fridays through April, 9:30 am–1:30 pm: Boca Grande Farmers Market. Service animals welcome but other pets are not permitted on the grounds. Note: there is a $6 toll to cross the bridge. Visit bocagrandefarmersmarket.com for more information. 305 Wheeler Rd., Boca Grande
- Saturdays, 10:00 am–4:00 pm: The Saturday Veggie Stand in front of The Real Juice Bar. Visit theopenstudio.org for more information. 310 Old Englewood Rd., Englewood
- Saturdays, 8:00 am–noon: Punta Gorda Downtown Farmers Market, Taylor St. and Herald Ct., next to the historic courthouse, Punta Gorda
- Sundays, 9:00 am–2:00 pm: History Park Farmers Market $5 suggested donation includes a plant to take home! For more information call 941.639.1887. 501 Shreve St., Punta Gorda
- Third Thursdays, 5:00-8:00 pm: Downtown Punta Gorda Gallery Walk Explore beautiful downtown Punta Gorda! Shops stay open, local artists display their works, and live music is everywhere! Restaurants and shops in the immediate area participate as well. Visit PGdowntownmerchants.com for a Gallery Walk map.
- First Saturdays: 5:00 pm: Cruisin' On Dearborn Hundreds of cars and thousands of car lovers converge on Dearborn Street in Englewood for this car show. Music to cruise by sponsored by Olde Englewood Village Association. Free admission.
- Second Saturdays, 5:00–10:00 pm: Open House and Potluck Mingle at The Open Studio Bring a healthy dish to share. Dinner is followed by a bonfire; attendees are encourages to bring their musical instruments! 380 Old Englewood Rd., Englewood
- Third Saturdays, 10:00 am-3:00 pm: Punta Gorda Historic Train Depot Outdoor Flea Market Supply your own table and sell your wares or just shop! Call 941.639.6774, Tuesday–Saturday,10:00 am–3:00 pm for details. The antique mall inside is open during the sale. 1009 Taylor Rd., Punta Gorda